Welcome! | Log in
Visit our Sponsors

Wear-Resistant Pipe Ready to Transport Abrasive Materials

Back to Joining articles

 

Tuesday, July 18, 2017
 

Hardox Wearparts announces the launch of Duroxite100 pipe to add to its Duroxite overlay product line. The finished pipes have the same high wear resistance as Duroxite plate products. Overlay pipe provides extended service life when transporting wet or dry abrasive materials for mining, cement, dredging, recycling, steel-mill and oil-sand applications.

Consistent wear properties are guaranteed throughout the pipe down to 75 percent of the overlay thickness, as opposed to just the surface of the overlay. The remaining 25 percent of the overlay is the transition layer necessary to maintain good bonding to the base material. An optimal carbide composition ensures homogenous bonding between the base metal and overlay, adding to its wear resistance and service life.

The Duroxite pipe is manufactured by welding chromium-rich, abrasion-resistant materials inside of mild-steel pipe. Extremely hard chromium-rich carbides, with a typical hardness of 1700 HK, are dispersed in a ductile eutectic-austenite matrix.

Duroxite 100 pipe is available in multiple dimensions and shapes, from 150 to 900-mm dia. Order the pipe with square-to-round transitions, elbows, T or Y-shaped connections or as long sweeps. Standard Schedule 40 and 80 pipes also can be delivered with hardfacing, which can substantially increase the service life over that expected from standard pipe.

Hardox Wear Parts: www.duroxite.com